Happy Birthday, Mr. Dickens!

My personal gift for Charles Dickens on his 200th birthday.



Happy Birthday, Mr. Dickens!

Today you are 200 years old; that's a heck of a lot, isn't it?

And however, you are still regarded as the greatest English novelist of the Victorian period.

Highly praised worldwide for the realism and unique features of the characters in your works, the claims in your books are still sound and conclusive in our current world and a wide range of the quotes you have left us with are absolutely irrefutable.

I have read many of your novels, which were first introduced to me by my mother, when I was a little girl.

Little Dorrit was first, and then came along Oliver Twist, David Copperfield and Bleak House, among others.

Of course, I must not forget A Christmas Carol and the ghosts that vist Mr. Scrooge every winter holiday, a book always present at all school Christmas plays and festivals.

That's why in such a special day, I just wanted to say:
'Thank you very much indeed, Charles Dickens!'











Comentarios