Interested in learning what Technology Enhanced Teaching (TET) competence is, how much you have of it, and how to develop more?
Then this course is for you! Join this introductory course by the European Schoolnet Academy, and then be invited to join the follow-up MOOC in which you will have the chance to collaboratively help define a new self-assessment tool developing for teachers!
This free course will introduce the concept of Technology Enhanced Teaching (TET) competence. The course will last 5 weeks and mainly targets teachers, but is also of relevance to head teachers and policy makers working in this area.
Organised around 4 thematic modules, this course (which is the first in the MENTEP MOOC series on improving TET) will look at how TET competence is currently defined in national and international frameworks, and how certain countries are using online assessment tools to monitor this.
It will also explore how teachers’ TET competence can be meaningfully assessed with a particular focus on the role of online self and peer-assessment. At the heart of the course will be examples of teachers’ experiences of using their TET competence to effectively teach their students.
- Where to enrol: http://bit.ly/mentepcourse1
- Start date: 28 September 2015
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Work required: 3 hours per week
- Certification: Digital Badges for each completed module and a Digital Certificate if the full course is completed
- Target audience: The course is open to anyone interested in the topic. However, the course is specifically targeted at teachers, but it is also of relevance to head teachers and policy makers working in the area.
The official course hashtag on Twitter is: #MENTEPcourse.
The Facebook group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/techenhancedteaching