WHAT'S PRISON BREAK?
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IT?
HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED IT IN ENGLISH?
NOW, LET'S WATCH A BIT FROM SEASON 3. AGENT MAHONE IS ON TRIAL.
What kind of trial is it?
Name the jobs of the three men involved in it.
Watch it again and answer these questions:
1. Explain the meaning of for the record.
2. Who requested the hearing?
3. What's the purpose of such hearing?
4. What did the Company demand from Mahone?
5. What's the Company in Mahone's words?
6. What's Mahone's plea?
7. Does the judge go for his story?
8. Why did he cooperate in the plot?
9. What would he like to do in the end?
NOW, LET'S REVISE SOME VOCABULARY REGARDING TRIALS. MATCH THE WORDS WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS.
Accomplice, Accusation, Acquittal, Alibi, Allege, Attorney, Bail
Money paid to secure the release of somebody charged with a crime.
Verdict of not guilty.
To claim that a fact is true, usually in a complaint.
Charging someone with a crime.
A person legally authorized to act for another.
An excuse made by somebody accused or suspected of a crime.
Someone who assists when committing a crime.
NOW, IT'S YOUR TURN TO COME UP WITH SOME DEFINITIONS
The Bar, Summation, Bribe, Barrister, The Bench, Blackmail, Plaintiff, Defendant, Probation, Marshall