Ingredients (2 servings)
· 5 large eggs
· 4 Western Asturian apples
· 2 tablespoons brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons water
· 1 tablespoon flour
· Butter for greasing
· 100% pure Maple syrup
· A crush (either male or female)
· Rose-scented candles
1. Go to your orchard and pick up four marvellous Western Asturian apples. Check they are “tenant-free”. Once peeled, chop the apples gently and kindly place them into a non-stick medium pan. Add 2 tablespoons of water and a pinch of cinnamon. Simmer till you get a “tender” purée. Stir lovingly while simming. Don´t forget to smile throughout the whole process! Set aside.
2. While the simmering stage is in process, pay a quick visit to the coop and choose 5 fresh Western Asturian eggs. A well- placed “thankyou” to your lying hens will drive them to increase their future egg-lying .So, be polite!
3. Once back in the kitchen, use two small bowls to separate the yolks from the whites.
4. Beat the latter well until stiff. Then add the yolks, sugar and flour and stir together until well combined (humming “Call me Maybe” will help). Pour the batter in the purée bowl and whisk with a fork.
5. Set the table properly for your encounter; light some rose-scented candles and turn down the lights (a dim lightning will foster a successful romantic date)
6. Butter a non-stick pan and low heat it. Spoon the batter into the frying pan and flip when the underside gets brown. Flip the omelette using a plate and cook until done all the way through. Smile, my friend! Keep smiling!
7. Dish out the omelette and top with maple syrup to taste. Serve warm (As the date goes on, check if an extra amount of cinnamon is needed) And don´t forget to dress up in a sexy way. Such a special recipe deserves it! And so does your crush! Enjoy yourselves!
Calories are not important tonight! Surely enough, as soon as the date is over, all of them will have been burnt! Anyway, here are some facts to bear in mind in case the meal turns into a complete disaster:
100 g of fresh fruit slices provide only 50 calories. They are rich in dietary fiber, in antioxidant phyto-nutrients such as flavonoids and polyphenolics, minerals like potassium, phosphorus, and calcium. Good source of vitamin B and C.A natural source of many nutrients including high quality protein, vitamins and minerals, a medium egg contains less than 70 calories. They are rich in vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium and iodine. They also contain vitamin A and a number of other B vitamins including folate, biotin, pantothenic acid and choline, and essential minerals and trace elements, including phosphorus.
This spicy bark is an excellent source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc, and magnesium .It also contains very good amounts of vitamin A, niacin, pantothenic acid, and pyridoxine. And last but not least, Cinnamon is said to increase the need for love in people.
Maple syrup tends to be high in fat and calories. One popular brand contains 210 calories and 53 g of fat per quarter-cup serving. Maple syrup provides minerals. An ounce of maple syrup provides between 11 and 62 mg of calcium, up to 10 mg of manganese, and up to 5.5 mg of phosphorus.
Note: As for the rest of the ingredients, they just play cameo roles in the overall film, so we´ve skipped their nutritional facts info. SORRY! By the way… what´s odd about the picture?