Have a look at the questions below. What do they all have in common?
2. Where would you go if you won a plane ticket to anywhere in the world?
3. What would you do if you won a lot of money?
4. If you could have one skill, what would it be?
5. How would your life be different if you were rich?
6. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
7. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
8. If you could travel in time, which century would you travel to?
Discuss your answers to these questions with your partners. Then, think of an answer to the question below and have a conversation with a new partner about it:
What would you do if you had 5 minutes to live?
You are going to watch a short film in which a man has 5 minutes to live. As you watch, take notes about what he does.
Are you surprised/confused? If so, why, what has made you feel this way?
Now, watch it again and get ready to write and speak about the film in chronological order.
Next, watch the film below and check your notes. Were you right or wrong?
What do you think of the film? How does it make you feel? Do you think the film has a message?
Let's have a look at some of the words that appeared in the screen:
cowardice, reputation, greed, indifference,
What type of words are they? How do they relate to the story?
Look at the picture below and discussthe quote from Steve Jobs. Do you agree with the quote? What are the main regrets of dying people? Discuss with your partners.
Read the short article entitled The 5 regrets of Dying People. Finally, write a short paragraph titled What I would do if I had 5 minutes to live.